In April 1883, the ½ pi stamp was issued in dull green. The remaining stocks of the ½ piastre emerald green of both the CC and CA watermarks were for an unknown reason placed on the side and were not used until 1886 when the new and larger overprint was printed on them. The fractions are 12 mm in high and 6 mm apart using the typography method. It is thought that the overprinting was done by De La Rue in London. The large 2 at right error is found once per sheet at the left bottom corner as illustrated.
Four ½ on ½ CA Wmk, 6 mm stamps for the total foreign letter rate on a cover postmarked Larnaca on May 8th, 1886 destined for Munich in Germany with an arrival back stamp at Schwaring of May 22nd. The second stamp from the left, bears the large 2 on right variety, which is a constant variety, located at the bottom left corner of the sheet of 60 stamps (6 X 10), which ties with the fact that it is the first stamp of the strip of three.